Barcelona's transfer ban has been suspended by FIFA, meaning they will be able to sign players in the close-season.
The Spanish club had been facing a two-window transfer embargo after irregularities were found in their dealings at youth level.
However, Barca have now lodged an appeal and requested that the process be granted "suspensive effect " - meaning they can sign players in the close-season, depending on the date their appeal is determined.
A FIFA statement read: "The club FC Barcelona has lodged an appeal before the FIFA Appeal Committee against the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee that sanctioned the club for breaches relating to the international transfer and registration of players under the age of 18.
"Together with the appeal, the club requested that its appeal be granted suspensive effect.
"In this respect, the chairman of the FIFA Appeal Committee, Larry Mussenden, took into consideration the sanctions imposed against the club, the complexity of the matter, the start date of the next registration period – 1 July 2014 – and the fact that the FIFA Appeal Committee does not seem in a position to take a decision on the main issue early enough so that an eventual appeal of the club against its decision before the Court of Arbitration for Sport would still be decided before the beginning of the next registration period.
"Consequently, the chairman of the FIFA Appeal Committee considered that the appeal lodged by the club is to be granted suspensive effect."
Club officials at Barca welcomed the news, as a statement read: "FC Barcelona has responded positively to the decision announced by FIFA's Appeal Committee to provisionally grant suspensive effect to the appeal made by the club against the sanction imposed by FIFA's Disciplinary Committee.
"The sanction was announced by the FIFA Disciplinary Commission last April 2 and prevented the club from signing players during the next two transfer windows. FC Barcelona presented an appeal against the measure within the required period.
"FC Barcelona declares its utmost respect for the resolutions pronounced by the bodies responsible for sporting justice."
Barcelona are expected to spend heavily if their ban remains suspended, with defensive cover a priority.
Victor Valdes and Carles Puyol have confirmed they will be departing Camp Nou at the end of their contracts.
Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has reportedly agreed a move to replace Valdes, while the likes of Chelsea centre-back David Luiz, Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen and Eder Alvarez Balanta of River Plate are thought to be on Barca's shortlist to fill in for Puyol.
|He is not worth £60m - Liverpool´s potential Van Dijk fee concerns Nicol|
|New Real Madrid deal for Zidane is Perez´s first job|
|Perez praises James amid transfer talk|
|Victory, Sydney to meet in A-League opening round|
|Madrid, Man United yet to hold Morata talks – Perez|
|Ronaldo is angry but will stay at Madrid, says Perez|
|If we buy Mbappe, who comes out? – Perez|
|Confederations Cup Social Diary: Ronaldo strikes a pose, Chile reminisce and mum´s the word|
|I didn´t realise we´d won! - Germany U21 hero Pollersbeck|
|Confederations Cup Diary: Transfer talk gets Santos laughing and why you should never lose a Mexico|
|Better Call Saul - Atletico star hits hat-trick to send Spain into U21 Euro final|
|Garcia Report: Barcelona and Madrid´s Qatar dealings not linked to World Cup vote|
|Sevilla announce agreement for Banega return|
|I don´t play for money - Alves says farewell to Juve as Man City move looms|
|Lucas Lima denies Barcelona offer as he weighs up Santos renewal|
|Garcia Report: Conclusions of investigation into Qatar 2022 bid|
|Pollersbeck the shoot-out hero as Germany beat England for U21 Euro final spot|
|Maldini beaten in professional tennis debut|
|Santos ´will go to the end of the world´ with Portugal stars|
|Pirlo taught Vidal how to play - Borghi|
|Garcia Report: Conclusions of investigation into Russia 2018 bid|
|What is the ´Garcia Report´ and why does it matter?|
|Australian goalkeeper Vukovic earns Genk move|
|Hernandez returns to Mexico training ahead of Germany showdown|
|Sirigu leaves PSG to join Torino|
|Guerreiro out, Silva major doubt for Portugal´s semi-final clash|
|FIFA releases full ´Garcia Report´ into World Cup bidding process after Bild leak|
|Leicester midfielder Mendy wants Bordeaux move|
|Ronaldo, Morata and Mbappe futures discussed by Del Bosque|
|Banega ´very close´ to Sevilla return, agent reveals|
|Mexico about more than Hernandez, warns Mustafi|
|Premier League is right for Real Madrid star Ronaldo, says Meireles|
|Milan trying to close Biglia deal amid Premier League interest, agent claims|
|Germany´s Can not scared of Ronaldo|
|Chile are ready to counter Ronaldo – Pizzi|
|Ginola advises Mbappe to stay at Monaco|
|Calhanoglu waiting for ´final talks´ as AC Milan move nears|
|Sanchez not distracted by transfer talk, says Chile coach Pizzi|
|Allegri hails ´future Juventus leader´ Bonucci|
|Has Morata´s wife dropped a hint of Man Utd move?|
|Stats amazing - Can marvels at Liverpool newcomer Salah|
|FIFA response expected after Bild reveal Qatar World Cup report ´leak´|
|Shanghai Shenhua seek to tie down Guarin and Moreno|
|Germany v Mexico: Werner´s eyes on the prize as El Tri aim to start on time|
|Asensio praises Donnarumma amid Real Madrid links|
|Giggs: Rooney could stay at Manchester United|
|WATCH: McCollum guesses Atletico star Griezmann´s NBA impressions|
|Suarez wants Arsenal´s Bellerin at Barcelona|
|Montella hopeful Donnarumma will stay at Milan|
|Confederations Cup Diary: Ronaldo gold for Silva, don´t touch the dial in Chile|
|Madrid allow Llorente to leave for La Real|
|Anything Drogba can do - Hazard invests in new NASL franchise|
|Lyon to keep Lacazette unless replacement bought, says president Aulas|
|Milan goalkeeper Donnarumma apologises for social media ´uproar´|
|Lyon snap up €10m Chelsea forward Traore|
|Van Aanholt excited to learn new ideas from Palace boss De Boer|
|FIFA referees chief praises VAR but sees work to be done|
|You´re a wizard, Hummels: Bayern defender celebrates Harry Potter anniversary|
|Kolarov keen on Lazio return|
|Fiorentina put up for sale by Della Valle family|
|Russian World Cup chief labels doping claims ´made-up news´|
|Like father, like son: Germain hoping to write his own ´beautiful´ Marseille story|
|New Nantes coach Ranieri wants to ´forget´ Leicester|
|Watford new boy Hughes: Premier League too hard to turn down|
|Confederations Cup Social Diary: No rest for Ronaldo, Trapp still smiling and FIFA honours Marc-Vivi|
|Parish surprised by Allardyce´s Palace exit but excited by De Boer arrival|
|No stepping stone: De Boer hopes to see out three-year Crystal Palace deal|
|Dutch courage needed? De Boer follows likes of Van Gaal & Koeman to Premier League|
|Frank de Boer appointed new Palace boss|
|I´m in love with Italy - Former AC Milan star Pato open to Inter switch|
|Portugal v Chile: Pizzi ready for tough challenge as champions of Europe and South America clash|
|De Boer waits in the Eagles´ wings: Can the Dutchman improve on Allardyce, Pardew and Pulis?|
|Help me score 10 goals! - Guangzhou defender Feng sets out Paulinho´s Barcelona move conditions|
|Man Utd must wait a year for Talisca, say Besiktas|
|Vettel v Hamilton: Famous sporting squabbles|
|Jose Mourinho pays tribute after the death of his father|
|Cristiano Ronaldo needs time ´to reflect´ on Real Madrid future|
|Draxler, Kimmich and Can lavish praise on ton-up Low|
|Kalac: Donnarumma´s head turned by greedy Raiola|
|Bayern Munich target Brandt staying at Bayer Leverkusen|
|PSG´s Verratti would be perfect fit at Barcelona – Garcia|
|Portland Timbers 2 Seattle Sounders 2: Dempsey scores stoppage-time equaliser to deny hosts|
|Raiola says Donnarumma will meet with Milan amid confusion|
|Cahill: Once I lead, the others follow|
|Pogba surprised by Mbappe, Dembele talent|
|Donnarumma claims he was hacked over Milan renewal post|