Related

Article

Hughes: Dawson move has stalled

24 August 2012 19:57

QPR manager Mark Hughes has revealed that a move for Tottenham defender Michael Dawson has stalled over personal terms.

A bid, reported to be in the region of nine million pounds, had been accepted by the White Hart Lane outfit earlier in the week.

The 28-year-old is yet to agree to a move to Loftus Road, but Hughes is hopeful that a deal will be sealed before the transfer window shuts.

"At the moment (the Dawson move) is not where I'd hoped it would be," Hughes told reporters. "It may change.

"Obviously we've still got days left until the window closes so it might be revisited, but at the moment it is not in a place we think we can progress."

QPR have been linked with a number of other players with only a week to go before the transfer window closes.

Real Madrid defender Ricardo Carvalho and Inter goalkeeper Julio Cesar are among the names.

But Hughes moved to quash further speculation, stopping short of a full denial of interest in the pair.

"There is a lot of speculation about players that we're interested in, or supposedly interested," Hughes added.

"Some jumped the gun somewhat in terms of that one (Carvalho), but we're looking at quality players that can enhance the squad.

"Some are available, some are attainable, some are out of reach. We just have to focus on the ones we can conclude."

The former Manchester City boss did, however, insist that any approach for Cesar does not imply Rob Green will be relegated to the substitutes' bench after a disappointing display in the 5-0 loss to Swansea.

"It was my intention to bring two 'keepers in, because we possibly wanted to give the option to the likes of Brian Murphy to go out on loan somewhere," he said.

"We're still looking. We haven't been able to do that as yet and that was certainly the intention at the start of the season."

Asked about the controversy surrounding former QPR goalkeeper Paddy Kenny, who had allegedly sent abusive text messages to the club's technical director Mike Rigg and owner Tony Fernandes, Hughes said that no formal complaint had been lodged and that the club wants to move on from the issue.

"It doesn't go anywhere from here," Hughes said.

"There was some text messages and telephone messages, which were to Tony Fernandes and our technical director, Mike Rigg.

"We felt they were inappropriate. We didn't make a formal complaint, I think Mike just got in touch with Leeds just to make them aware of the situation and just to acknowledge that actually it did occur.

"But we didn't make a formal complaint, it was just two individuals."

Sponsored links

Tuesday 16 September

Monday 15 September

23:54
23:22
23:10
22:54
22:42
22:03
21:59
21:23
21:05
20:50
20:33
20:05
19:32
18:59
18:54
18:22
18:05
17:55
17:55
17:11
17:05
16:51
16:29
16:25
15:49
15:23
14:53
14:44
14:33
14:30
14:10
14:01
13:47
13:12
13:06
12:41
12:34
12:20
11:25
11:15
10:51
10:17
10:17
09:58
09:51
09:39
09:38
09:04
07:07
07:03
05:59
05:01
04:45
04:03
03:08
03:03
02:54
01:31
01:06
00:21

Sunday 14 September

23:56
23:33
23:30
23:28
23:13
22:46
22:30
22:20
22:09
21:43
21:35
21:02
20:55
20:54
20:42
20:25
20:17
19:57
19:06
19:01
18:49
18:34
18:13
17:41
17:33
17:28
16:57
16:31
16:24
16:06
15:37
14:50
14:15
13:35
13:27
13:24
12:51
11:44
11:14
10:24
10:19
07:22
07:19
05:28
04:15
04:01
02:05
00:30
00:07

Premier League table

# Team MP D P
1 4 +9 12
2 4 +3 10
3 4 +3 9
4 4 +5 7
5 4 +3 7
6 4 +2 7
7 4 +1 6
8 4 +1 6
9 4 +3 5
10 4 +0 5
11 4 -1 5
12 4 -1 5
13 4 -1 4
14 4 -1 4
15 4 -1 3
16 4 -8 3
17 4 -3 2
18 4 -3 2
19 4 -5 2
20 4 -6 2

Facebook