Related

Article

Debuchy holding out for Newcastle switch

12 August 2012 09:44

Newcastle target Mathieu Debuchy is hoping to complete a move from Lille to the Premier League club before the transfer window closes.

Newcastle had a fresh bid for the France international rejected earlier this month, with Lille coach Rudi Garcia declaring that Debuchy is not for sale.

But the 26-year-old, speaking to Canal+ after his side's 2-1 victory over Saint-Etienne, stated: "I don't want to talk about my future.

"I heard what the chairman said. The transfer window is open until September 4 (in France). I still want to go. We will see."

Newcastle are pursuing Debuchy after enjoying great success with the capture of Yohan Cabaye from the 2010/11 French champions, with the midfielder proving key to their fifth-place Premier League finish.

Lille are understood to be holding out for a fee of around 8 million euros.

Turning his attention to on-field matters, Debuchy was pleased Lille managed to start the Ligue 1 season with a win.

"It was important to start the league with a victory and make a good start to the campaign," he said.

"To win here is never easy. We produced good football, we stepped back a little in the second half but we did well at the end."

Sponsored links

Friday 28 July

Thursday 27 July

23:58
23:35
22:57
21:56
21:25
21:14
20:46
20:36
20:21
20:15
20:00
19:36
19:25
19:07
18:53
18:28
18:27
17:34
17:17
17:06
16:54
16:51
16:43
16:18
16:13
16:05
15:43
15:39
15:17
14:14
13:44
13:40
12:42
12:18
11:56
11:40
11:07
10:13
10:04
09:18
08:19
07:34
06:53
05:56
05:42
05:09
05:07
04:29
03:27
02:26
01:58
01:00
00:48
00:17

Wednesday 26 July

23:49
22:39
22:08
21:23
21:19
21:06
20:17
20:12
19:25
18:50
18:35
16:54
16:54
16:22
16:11
16:03
14:43
14:19
13:00
11:45
10:54
10:26
09:48
09:18
09:04
07:25
05:58
05:06
04:04
02:26
01:21
00:46

Ligue 1 table

# Team MP D P
5 0 +0 0
6 0 +0 0
7 0 +0 0
8 0 +0 0
9 0 +0 0

Facebook